PingID SDK is a mobile SDK for support of PingID multifactor authentication for customer use cases, on organizations’ own mobile applications. The basic implementation of PingID SDK requires the organization to set up a customer server.
The PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate is an out-of-the-box integration between PingID SDK and PingFederate user authentication flow and adapter chain, that permits the option to replace the customer server with PingFederate in several use cases, as follows:
The PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate supports all of the PingID SDK authentication methods: Mobile SDK, SMS, and email.
- PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate contains the
pingid.sdk.statusattribute. When an authentication flow via the PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate is successful,
pingid.sdk.statusprovides additional information which may be used for determining user permission levels.
- PingID SDK adapter includes screens that are presented to the user as part of the authentication flow. These screens are customizable.
There are several use cases in which the PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate can replace a customer server, for the purpose of pairing and authenticating a user:
Automatic device registration (web view)
- Automatic mobile device registration when a user initiates a pairing process for a mobile device.
Device authorization (web view)
- A seamless user login to an already trusted mobile application which includes PingID mobile SDK.
Out of band / step up authentication from web
- Multifactor authentication during user login to a web application.
Out of band / step up authentication from mobile
- Multifactor authentication during user login to a non trusted mobile device, using the user’s primary device for the approval process.
Refer to Flows of the PingID SDK adapter for PingFederate for detailed flow information.